Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Grayness

So, I've experienced some serious frustration recently. Just bad vibes, bad feelings and I have been carrying it around. Today, I had an epiphany. It was predicated by my son's nap. A rare occurence, but for some reason, today he napped. And I checked out a Writing challenge at scrapbookgraphics. The challenge was based on synesthesia which is is a neurologically based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. (according to wikipedia!)
Well, the challenge was to take a sensation and to apply a color to it. For example, what color is "hungry" to you? I chose to write about my frustration and here is what I came up with:

Frustration - the gray stone walls surround me and I am enclosed in a prison of futility. I fight it, I bang on the walls repeatedly using my hands, my feet, and eventually my head, but by then I'm not trying to escape so much as I'm trying to shock myself with pain. Fruitless, useless, pointless to try that way again. By now I should know that there is only one way out of this cold, dull and dim confinement. Let it go. Just let it go.

And you know what? Just writing this down made it easier for me to let go of my frustration and to accept what I need to accept. I feel freed!

And I also managed to finish a layout today - here it is:
MINE



Credits here.

1 comment:

Mariquita from Argentina at DSP said...

Cheer up friend!!! ;) I've been feeling the same way, but you can still create amazing layouts, not like me (totally blocked LOL).
I looked for your grayness page but couldn't find it ;) are you still working on it? ;)
Your CT pages are amazing ;)
Hugs & kisses, Mariquita

These are a few of my favorite things...