Friday, October 9, 2009

October already, oh man

I was not ready for it to be October already. I haven't pulled out the boys' winter coats and sweaters. I haven't even located MY winter clothes yet - I think they are in the attic somewhere?!? And last night we had a power outage that really put me to thinking about ORGANIZING! I couldn't find matches! And when it's pitch black and you have two flashlights and about a million candles but no matches, that is one frustrating scenario. Brian's BBQ lighter finally worked and we lit the candles. But then I started thinking that I should get out some extra blankets and whatnot in case the power didn't come on for a day or so - it would get mighty cold in the house without heat, let me tell you. I was a little stressed when the power first went out, I hate feeling unprepared. But by the time I went to bed, I was at peace. I said a prayer and put it all in God's hands and slept like a baby. The power did go on again at 2am. And I've been feeling mighty grateful ever since. And mighty determined to not let myself get caught flat-footed again. So, call me Captain Organization today. Gotta run and clean out some more drawers while the baby is sleeping...

1 comment:

20Birds said...

I know what you mean... cold weather snuck up on me... it snowed today and we couldn't find mitts or toques. crazy

These are a few of my favorite things...