Friday, April 9, 2010

Beth's Belief

My friend, Beth, is fighting cancer right now and a wonderful, wonderful digital scrapbook designer named Kate Hadfield just made the most amazing "cancer kit" for Beth to scrap with. If you are a scrapbooker, you know how cathartic it can be to scrap your own stories. Your journey, your life, your joys and often your struggles can be found in your scrapbook pages. So, for Kate to give Beth the tools she needed to put down on paper some of this momentous experience, is just amazing. Cancer sucks, there is no way around it. But, Beth is an incredible person and she has the belief and strength to fight cancer and to scrapbook it! Go Beth!

You can get the freebie here and find more of Kate's designs at the Lilypad. Beth's Belief kit is such a gift! This is a good example of how people often amaze me with their kindness and generosity. It is very hard to be jaded when you see good works like this in action all around you. So, I couldn't wait to make something with the kit and here it is:


(credits: Bird and hearts by Kate Hadfield from her Celebrate Love freebie. Word art and cancer-diva doodle by Kate Hadfield from the Beth's Belief freebie. BG paper from the Scrapartist Exclusive Art Journal kit. Thought bubble by Sausan Designs from her My Little Heart kit)

3 comments:

20Birds said...

credits even! you must love me! seriously Melly that you believe with me and believe for me when i cant any more, is a great great gift for which words fail to express my gratitude

20Birds said...

artist in training? i didnt see that before... so proud of you

Angie said...

Love the layouts. (Beth sent me over!) Julia is one of the prettiest babies - EVER!!!

These are a few of my favorite things...