Friday, April 30, 2010

Felt flower fun!

I discovered LollyChops yesterday! She has a really fun blog with loads of great projects, tutorials, downloads, etcetera, etcetera...

Miss LollyChops had a wonderful series called Wallflowers where she crafted different kinds of flowers and framed them - the whole series looks delightful, but I was immediately drawn to the crochet flowers (of COURSE). I'm going to be whipping up some of those roses pronto! I also LOVED the felt flower she showed. So I made one. And here it is.
All I had was some (very cheap) kid's felt that I got at some superstore and I didn't have enough of one color to make the flower, so I mixed it up and used two different colors. Lolly's flower had a fancy beaded middle that I would like to learn how to do, so I asked her and she said she would do a tutorial on MONDAY! How cool is that?!?

6 comments:

Jen said...

Melly, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying such sweet things to me! It was super duper fun to hear from such a nice person. I love your felt flower - great work & you are one amazing digital scrapbooker. Again, ThankS!
SMiles, JEN

Katherine said...

Oh this is lovely, well done. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

20Birds said...

Melly I want theses, Isee them as barrettes, hanging down threaded onto
nylon thread.... several columns hanging down in a window.... gorgeous

LollyChops said...

You really did a fantastic job on this flower!!!! Thanks so much for the linky love too!

HUGS sweet pea!

LollyChops said...

Thanks for your sweet comment!

I'll be posting that tutorial for you tomorrow!!! Sorry it took me so long!!!

HUGS!

20Birds said...

Melly, happy mother's day... you make motherhood an art as you creatively passionately and righteously mother your sons. Your children shall rise and bless you.

These are a few of my favorite things...